Potassium nitrate fertilizers are essential to crop farmers for more bountiful production. Our Maxi K is a premium product containing optimal levels of potassium (K) and nitrogen (N).
- This product comes in colourless crystals or white powder.
- It is mainly applied in agriculture (compound fertilizer and foliar spray fertilizer), drugs, catalyzers, ceramics and enamels, etc.
- With no phosphorus content, this fertilizer contains nitrogen and potassium in 1:2
|Potassium Oxide(as K2O)||46.0% min|
|Sulphate(as SO4)||0.01% max|
|Chloride(as Cl)||0.03% max|
|Iron (as Fe)||0.002% max|
|Magnesium(as Mg)||0.004% max|
|Heavy Metal(as Pb)||0.001% max|
|Clarity of Solution||Qualified|
Maxi K: Agricultural use
Growers value fertilizing with KNO₃ especially in conditions where a highly soluble, chloride-free nutrient source is needed. In such soils, all of the N is immediately available for plant uptake as nitrate, requiring no additional microbial action and soil transformation.
Growers of high-value vegetable and orchard crops sometimes prefer to use a nitrate-based source of nutrition in an effort to boost yield and quality.
Potassium nitrate contains a relatively high proportion of K, with an N to K ratio of approximately one to three. Many crops have high K demands and can remove as much or more K than N at harvest.
Applications of KNO₃ to the soil are made before the growing season or as a supplement during the growing season. A diluted solution is sometimes sprayed on plant foliage to stimulate physiological processes or to overcome nutrient deficiencies.
Foliar application of K during fruit development advantages some crops, since this growth stage, often coincides with high K demands during the time of declining root activity and nutrient uptake.
It is also commonly used for greenhouse plant production and hydroponic culture.
- Both N and K are required by plants to support harvest quality, protein formation, disease resistance and water-use efficiency.
- Farmers often apply KNO₃ to soil or through the irrigation system during the growing season to support healthy growth.
- The relatively high solubility of KNO₃ under warm conditions allows for a more concentrated solution than for other common K fertilizers. However, farmers must carefully manage the water to keep the nitrate from moving below the root zone.