High Quality Cassava Stems
We sell cassava stem cuttings which are the stems from high producing and hardy cassava varieties to give you high returns from your cassava plantation.
- For you to plant cassava, stem cuttings are important and unavoidable inputs you will need and we assure you of the best cuttings for the job.
- The offered stem cuttings are in very good shape and they come in bundles (40 stems per bundle).
- Price listed is per bundle and we offer a minimum of 100 bundles per order
What are you waiting for? Place your orders now and we deliver nationwide.
Cassava Stem Cuttings
We sell cassava stem cuttings which are the stems from high producing and hardy cassava varieties to give you high returns from your cassava plantation. For you to plant cassava, stem cuttings are important and unavoidable inputs you will need and we assure you of the best cuttings for the job.
Preparing the soil for cassava plantation
- To develop well, cassava roots need soil that has been loosened by the hoe or plow. So till deeply, to 20 or 25 centimeters, so that the roots can get well down.
- After tilling, at the beginning of the rainy season, make mounds or ridges. This breaks up the soil and it stores up water; the roots have plenty of loose earth in which to develop.
- If fertilizers or manure are used, work them into the soil when it is tilled. Yields are high when the plant finds plenty of nourishment in the soil. Farmyard manure, compost, and green manure are the best fertilizers for cassava. If the farmer applies fertilizers and looks after his plantation well, the yield of cassava reaches 25 to 65 tons per hectare.
How to propagate cassava stem cuttings
Cassava is propagated by cuttings (by planting pieces of the stem). The roots of cassava are not used for making a new plantation, and thus all the harvest can be eaten or sold.
- To make cuttings, choose stems 2 to 4 centimeters thick, from the strongest plants which are not diseased and which have already produced tubers.
- After the harvest, tie the selected stems in bundles. Wait at least 10 days before planting them.
-Keep the bundles in a cool, dry place until planting time. But remember that the cuttings must not be made from the stems until you are ready to plant.
- Cut each stem into pieces 20 to 30 centimeters long. There should be 4 to 6 growth buds on each piece.
- To plant cassava, push into the soil the end of the piece of stem that was nearer to the ground.
- Plant the cuttings in mounds or ridges. You should plant when the soil is quite wet, after the beginning of the rainy season. Plant the cuttings either straight or slanting. Push them well into the earth, leaving only 2 or 3 buds above ground.
- Usually the rows are 1 to 1.5 meters apart, and the plants 1 meter apart. With this spacing, there are between 7 000 and 10 000 cassava plants to the hectare.
Note: The number of cuttings to the hectare varies with the region, soil, and variety.
Control of diseases
- Mosaic: Leaves of plants attacked by mosaic look as though crumpled, and show light spots. If the attack is serious, yields are sharply reduced.
Means of controlling the mosaic disease are not yet known. To avoid it, do not take cuttings from plants attacked by the disease. You can also choose varieties of cassava that have been bred for resistance to the disease.
- Rot: Rot damages the roots, especially after 10 months of leafy growth. Rot often occurs when the cassava field has been flooded for several days.
The tubers turn soft and give off an unpleasant smell; they are no longer any good for human or animal food and this means a big loss to the farmer. To avoid rot, do not plant cassava in a place that is often flooded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- No ratings found yet!
Our poultry water pipe snare, made with excellent ABS designing material, is a fundamental instrument utilized in poultry watering frameworks to suspend water pipes.
The offered item fills in as a water level agent and is extremely effective in setting the right incline and line-level of the watering framework.
Line level assumes a key part in controlling water squander, litter conditions, and bird execution. You want this item to carry water to your birds’ level.
Put in your requests today.
We offer elastic grommet which is fundamental hardware expected for use in water system frameworks.
It is utilized to associate beginning connectors to the line, working with effective water development through the lines.
It likewise fills in as a seal for start connectors to the line.
Since it is made of elastic, it can really bear all degrees of burden and twisting of a wide reach.
Contingent upon how very much planned, introduced, kept up with, and worked it is, a trickle water system framework can be more productive than different sorts of water system frameworks.
Submit your requests now and we convey from one side of the country to the other.
- Plant produces large crisp heads of dark green lettuce.
- Excellent flavor and perfect for salads and sandwiches
- Strong plant producing uniform heads.
- Strong, larger and more uniform than other Lettuce varieties.
- Variety slow to bolt and is resistant to heat and tip burn.
- Maturity: 60-70 days after transplanting
N.B: Price is for 10g sachet seeds.
We sell Venturi which is utilized for compost and synthetic infusion through dribble water system frameworks.
This item is perhaps the most productive and practical method for taking care of fluid supplements to the underlying foundations of the plants through a trickle water system framework.
It is extremely effective and simple to introduce.
It likewise guarantees controlled manure infusion.
Produced with excellent material impervious to the greater part of the synthetic compounds utilized in horticulture.₦18,000.00
We sell Maxi Calci N which is a premium calcium fertilizer containing both calcium and nitrogen, nutrients required by plants for survival.
- Calcium is vital for some plants to be able to produce seeds, and it also helps a plant to produce a better quality of fruit with a longer shelf life.
- Calcium is an important element in the formation of plant cell walls, and the proper availability of calcium in a plant will help to ensure cell walls are strong, protecting the plant from diseases and stressors.
- The offered products are packaged in 25kg bags.
Place your orders now, we deliver nationwide.₦30,500.00
Espartano F1 Hybrid Sweet Pepper Seeds is a half breed early development assortment that is high yielding Medium between hubs, larges leaves, awesome setting and early. A sweet pepper assortment is reasonable for both indoor/nursery and open air crops. They have enormous blocky organic products sizes, pleasant glossy yellow tone, exceptionally smooth and huge. It is additionally truly versatile for development in the blustery and post-stormy season areas of strength for with weighty natural products.₦7,000.00