Metal cone feeders are typically conical in shape, with a narrow opening at the bottom. The feeder is filled with bulk material, which is then discharged through the opening at the bottom. The rate of discharge is controlled by a gate, which can be adjusted to provide the desired flow rate.
They are commonly used in a variety of industries, including mining, construction, and agriculture. They are also used in a variety of industrial processes, such as cement production, power generation, and food processing.
Here are some of the specific applications of metal cone feeders:
- Mining: they are used to feed mined materials, such as ore and coal, into conveyors, crushers, and other processing equipment.
- Construction: they are used to feed aggregates, such as sand and gravel, into concrete mixers and other construction equipment.
- Agriculture: they are used to feed animal feed into silos and other storage facilities.
- Cement production: they are used to feed raw materials, such as limestone and clay, into cement kilns.
- Power generation: they are used to feed coal into power plant boilers.
- Food processing: Metal cone feeders are used to feed grain and other food products into processing equipment.