ButaForce is a selective systemic pre-emergence agricultural herbicide useful for the control of annual grasses and certain broad-leaved weeds in rice, both seeded and transplanted. It shows selectivity in cotton, groundnut, wheat and several brassica crops like cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli.
Mechanism of action
Preemergent herbicides form a chemical barrier over the soil/container surface. The barrier is typically ½ to 1 inch thick (depending on the product, soil type, and method of incorporation). Fortunately, most weed seeds germinate in the top ½ inch of the soil.
- Butachlor 50 % EC.
- One bottlecap to 60ml of water for reconstitution.
ButaForce is a selective systemic pre-emergence herbicide.
- Container and/or fields must be weed-free before applying preemergence herbicides. Thus it is recommended that the herbicide is applied soon after potting or planting.
- Many weeds germinate within days of receiving optimal environmental conditions. Thus, after you’ve planted your fields, and in the process brought weed seed to the soil surface, many weeds can germinate within several days.
- Highest levels of long-term weed control.
- Greater consistency in a wider range of weather conditions.
- Less packaging, handling, and waste than other herbicide formulations.
- Symptoms develop more quickly allowing cultivation intervals to be reduced.
- Not to be sprayed in windy conditions (above 15km/hr).
- Do not allow spray mist to drift onto desirable vegetation.