CONTINENTAL SEED LETTUCE 10GRM
- Plant produces large crisp heads of dark green lettuce.
- Excellent flavor and perfect for salads and sandwiches
- Strong plant producing uniform heads.
- Strong, larger and more uniform than other Lettuce varieties.
- Variety slow to bolt and is resistant to heat and tip burn.
- Maturity: 60-70 days after transplanting
N.B: Price is for 10g sachet seeds.
Lettuce Great Select CS by Continental Seeds Company is an easy to grow seeds, that produces nutritious and delicious low fat lettuce. The lettuce produced have a number of essential nutrients including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, antioxidants, folic acid, potassium and fibre. These nutrients have various health benefits such as reducing the risk of contracting cancer, prevent eye cataracts, avoiding complications during pregnancy, prevent heart disease and encourage weight loss among other benefits. These seeds can be grown all year round with constant watering and weeding to maximize your yield.
Basic information on planting Lettuce
Nursery establishment & management
- A nursery bed measures 1m length x 10-15cm drill. The drills should be 3-4cm in depth for small seeded vegetable to facilitate faster and uniform germination.
- To enhance early strong seedlings it’s important to use fine well compost manure (from goats, cow, and pigs) mixed thoroughly with the soil.
Note: Chicken manure not recommended for use in the nursery because of very high levels of nitrogen that inhabits proper roots formation and establishment. Chicken manure is ideal for use at the top dressing stage.
- Recommended raising seedlings in the nursery bed for 3 – 4 weeks before transplanting to the main field at pencil- thick stage.
Note: Seedlings can be transplanted into smaller poly bags, 2 weeks after germination and later transplanted into the main field, 2 – 3 weeks later and this reduces drastically the transplanting shock and allow faster establishment in the main field.
- Drench nursery bed with insecticides to prevent early plant attacks by soil and sucking pests.
- Watering in the nursery recommended early morning to mid morning but not in the evening. Evening watering encourages pythium activities that cause dumping off.
- Transplanting is usually recommended when the sun is not very hot i.e. early morning or late afternoon. This helps to reduce transplanting shock arising from the seedling evapotranspiration.
- Important to have well compost manure mixed a compound fertilizer especially with adequate phosphorous in a hole where the young plant is planted. This helps in faster roots formation and establishment hastening plant growth reducing possible repetitive gapping.
- Standard spacing usually vary with the growing system and also the brassica crop:
45 x 30cm or 30 x 30cm for optimal production.
- Drench seedlings during transplanting with an insecticide to prevent early attack by aphids, whiteflies, thrips and cut worms.
- Brassicas grows in many types of soil but for maximum production they should be planted in deep soils to facilitate good root penetration. They are heavy nutrients extractors from the soil and thus require periodic replenishment through manure addition or artificial fertilizer but at the correct proportions in line with the requirements and soil deficit.
Note: Ensure crop is grown in a fertile land, use manure to enrich soil with nutrients or apply base fertilizer rich in phosphorous at planting period such as N: P: K at 10gms per hole as general application.
Note: Confirm soil nutrient levels through soil analysis to help determine deficit elements.
a) Fertilizer requirement: Top dressing
Recommended to top dress the plants 3-4 weeks after transplanting with complete fertilizer i.e. N.P.K. at rate of 10gms per plant and second top dress split repeat 2 – 3 weeks with C.A.N or other fertilizers rich in nitrogen, from the first top dress at the rate of 5 – 10gms per plant depending on the soil fertility levels. Depending with nutrients levels in the soil a third top dressing split can be applied with N.P.K (5-10gms per plant).
b) Foliar Fertilizer
Foliar fertilizers can be used to supplement soil applied fertilizer especially during periods of crop stress e.g. hot periods and during heavy rains that hamper proper nutrients update through the roots.
Common pests and diseases during various stages of brassicas (cabbages, Pak choi, cauliflower, lettuce, broccoli, e.t.c) crops growth
Common disease(s) – Dumping off caused by pythium spp., and phytophthora blight
Common pest(s) – Aphids, whiteflies, leaf miner and cutworms
Vegetative stage & mature stage:
Common diseases – Downy mildew (Peronospora parasitica), Black Rot (Xanthomonas campestris), Bacterial Soft Rot (Erwinia spp.), Ring Spot (Mycoshaerella brasicicola) and phytophthora Root Rot (phytophthora megasperma), e.t.c.
Common pest(s) – aphids, cabbage sawfly, Diamond Back Moth (DBM), thrips, and leaf miner, e.t.c.
Note: Use the most appropriate fungicides or insecticides as per observed disease and pest (consult the agrochemical dealers for the appropriate active ingredient to help manage the disease and pest challenges or call our office for some suggestions from our experience).
Lettuce seeds are not complicated to grow as they tend to do well in most climatic conditions. Even though they are versatile, a higher yield is usually obtained in well-draining and humus soils. The spoils should be able to retain some moisture and be rich in potassium and nitrogen. The soils used to grow these seeds should be enriched with organic matter and have a PH of between 6.0 and 6.8 for maxim production under ideal conditions.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- No ratings found yet!
Do you have to altruistically limit your dairy cattle while checking their weight at the same time? We have the perfect hardware for you!
We offer dairy cattle squash which accompanies weight estimation.
A dairy cattle squash (likewise called crush chute) is a firmly constructed slow down or enclosure for holding steers, ponies, or other animals securely while they are inspected, checked, or given veterinary treatment.₦3,250,000.00
Primextra Gold (Syngenta) controls specific yearly grasses and broadleaf weeds in Maize, Sugarcane and Sweet Corn, Sorghum, and so on.
Note: While utilizing the item generally allude to the item name for an authority posting of harvest utilization, limitations and precautionary measures for more prominent yield and advantages.
Put in your requests today₦6,200.00
Royasate (Glyphosate ISA 46 SL) by royagric is a fluid non-particular, foundational herbicide for the control of weeds. It actually controls yearly weeds, perpetual grasses, broadleaf weeds, amphibian weeds, and bushes. Royasate is applied straightforwardly to the foliage of the plant where it is moved all through the plant. It leaves no remaining impact on the dirt since it is inactivated upon contact with soil.₦4,800.00
DD FORCE is an organophosphate compound areas of strength for with activities and is prescribed for ranchers because of its harmful impact on rural vermin, for example, bug parasites, sucking and biting bugs, aphids, caterpillars, whiteflies e.t.c. by acting by means of stomach contact and respiratory harming.
It tends to be applied to a wide scope of harvests including natural product trees, vegetables, rice, wheat, maize, espresso, tea, cocoa, banana, plantain, sweet potato, cassava, sugarcane e.t.c. also, is non-phytotoxic when utilized as coordinated.
Our rope (or cord) adjuster is needed by poultry farmers for waterline and feeder setting.
- Made with high-quality plastic materials, the product is of standard size which makes it easy to use with other accessories.
- It is suitable for use in poultry pens including broilers, layers, ducks, turkeys, etc.
- Our cord adjuster can also be used to set the right line-height and slope of the drinking system.