Maxi Magna S (Magnesium Sulfate Fertilizer)
Maxi Magna S (Magnesium Sulfate Fertilizer) is designed to correct or prevent magnesium deficiencies in all types of crops and soil conditions.
- The fertilizer is best used to prevent magnesium deficiencies before or during planting, however, it can also be used to correct growth problems during the growing season.
- Magnesium is mobile in plants, therefore correcting the deficiency as soon as possible will allow the plant to continue growing normally.
Maxi Magna S (Magnesium Sulfate Fertilizer) Features
- Active Ingredient: Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H₂O)
- Suitable crops: Orchids mainly + vegetables (soil dependent), other crops.
Maxi Magna S (Magnesium Sulfate Fertilizer) Composition
- MgSO4.7H₂O: 99.5% min
- MgO: 16.0% min
- S: 12.5% min
- Chlorides: 0.03% max
- Fe: 0.0015% max
- Heavy metals: 0.001% max
- As: 0.0002% max
- Water soluble: 0.01% max
- pH value: 4.5-6.5
- Size: 0.1-1mm (90% min)
Why do I need magnesium sulfate fertilizer?
- Like all secondary nutrients, plants do not need large amounts of magnesium to thrive, but an absence of the nutrient will cause stunted growth.
- Magnesium is a key component of chlorophyll. Without magnesium, the plant cannot produce chlorophyll, which will cause photosynthesis to suffer.
- Magnesium also plays a role in the transfer and production of sugars, starches, fats, and oils within the plant. This means a lack of magnesium will cause starchy vegetables, sugary fruits, and oilseeds or nuts to lose their shape and flavor.
- It is ideal to test the soil before planting and test tissue from the previous harvest to determine magnesium content and uptake.
- After testing, if you discover a magnesium deficiency, our Maxi Magna S can be easily be applied to correct it quickly.
Role of magnesium
- Magnesium is the central core of the chlorophyll molecule in plant tissue. Thus, if it is deficient, the shortage of chlorophyll results in poor and stunted plant growth.
- Magnesium also helps to activate specific enzyme systems. Enzymes are complex substances that build, modify, or break down compounds as part of a plant’s normal metabolism.