Maxi MOP (Potassium Chloride Fertilizer)
Maxi MOP (Potassium Chloride fertilizer) is essential for plant growth and quality.
- It plays a vital role in the production of proteins and sugars in crops.
- It also protects against drought by maintaining plants’ water content which in turn is a benefit for photosynthesis as leaves maintain their shape and vigour.
- Potassium (K) fertilizers are commonly used to overcome plant deficiencies. Where soils cannot supply the amount of K required by crops, farmers must supplement this essential plant nutrient.
- Potassium is always present in minerals as a single-charged cation (K⁺).
Maxi MOP (Potassium Chloride Fertilizer) Composition
- KCl: 95% min
- K₂O: 60% min
Maxi MOP (Potassium Chloride Fertilizer) advantages
The roles of Potassium (K) in the plant:
- Necessary for the formation of sugars and starch
- Activator of enzymatic reaction
- Maintains turgor
- Regulates opening of leaf stomata
- Build cell walls
- Due to its roles in many plant systems, potassium improves plant durability and improves yield quality:
- Improved drought resistance
- Increased winter hardiness
- Better disease resistance
- Improved yield quality
- Longer storage life
- Potassium chloride is the most widely applied K fertilizer because of its relatively low cost and because it includes more K than most other sources: 50 to 52 percent K (60 to 63 percent K₂O) and 45 to 47 percent Cl⁻.
- More than 90 percent of global potash production goes into plant nutrition.
- Farmers spread KCL onto the soil surface prior to tillage and planting.
- It may also be applied in a concentrated band near the seed. Since dissolving fertilizer will increase the soluble salt concentration, banded KCl is placed to the side of the seed to avoid damaging the germinating plant.
- Potassium chloride rapidly dissolves in soil water.
- Our Maxi MOP can be dissolved for fluid fertilizers or applied through irrigation systems.
- Potassium chloride is found in various shades and particle sizes.
- Potassium chloride is primarily used as a source of K nutrition. Potassium chloride is usually the preferred material to meet plants’ potash needs.
- Elevated salt concentrations surrounding the dissolving fertilizer may be the most important factor to consider for application.
Non-agricultural use of Maxi MOP (Potassium Chloride Fertilizer)
- Potassium is essential for human and animal health.
- Potassium chloride can be used as a salt substitute for individuals on a restricted salt (sodium chloride) diet.
- It is used as a deicing agent and has a fertilizing value after the ice melts. It is also used in water softeners to replace calcium in the water.