SAAF Fungicide ( 250g Sachets)
SAAF Fungicide ( 250g Sachets ) is a systemic and contact fungicide that is used to prevent leaf spot, blast disease, rust disease, and other types of fungi pests in all kinds of crops, especially on vegetable plants.
- The offered product is so effective that just one application can help protect the plant for a long time.
- SAAF Fungicide ( 250g Sachets ) is among the most trusted fungicides among Nigerian farmers to combat fungi pests on their farmland. It is very effective across a range of crops and against various diseases.
- This product is applied by mixing 1 gram of SAAF with 1 liter of water and spraying the mixture over the treated crops. It can be used for both indoor and outdoor commercial farming purposes.
SAAF Fungicide ( 250g Sachets ) Product information
- Active ingredients: Carbendazim 12% + Mancozeb 63% WP.
- Recommended dosage: 1 gram in 1 liter water, 300-400 grams/acre.
- Application type: Sprayer.
- Manufacturer: United Phosphate Ltd.
SAAF Fungicide: Mode of Action
- Fungicides can work in different ways but SAAF Fungicide acts by killing fungal cell membranes and interrupting energy production within fungal cells.
- SAAF Fungicides are biocidal chemical compounds used to kill parasitic fungi and their spores. They are systemic and contact fungicides. This means that the fungicides protect only the part of the plant where the spray is deposited or applied.
- As a systemic fungicide, SAAF is taken up by the plant and is then translocated within the plant system. This will protect the plant from the attack of pathogenic fungi or controlling an already established infection.
- Elements used for SAAF are mainly copper and sulfur.
How to prevent fungal disease/attack in the first place
- Provide good air circulation around plants by properly spacing them apart.
- The water is around the base of plants, instead of on the leaves.
- Rake and remove fallen leaves of infected plants.
- Apply a fresh layer of mulch to garden beds at the beginning of the growing season.
SAAF Fungicide ( 250g Sachets ) precautions
- Make sure you know the cause of the disease before application (is it a disease? If so what is causing it? Fungi? Which one?)
- Spray with caution. Use protective gear during application.
- Always read the label on the product before use and follow the instructions.
- Use appropriate equipment during application.
SAAF Fungicide is not effective against bacteria, nematodes, or viral diseases.
Specification: SAAF Fungicide ( 250g Sachets )